Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Year 1000: What Life Was Like at the Turn of the First Millennium - Robert Lacey, Danny Danziger

Review:

The Year 1000: What Life Was Like at the Turn of the First Millennium - Robert Lacey, Danny Danziger

One of two books I remember reading in honor of the millennium; the other was Stephen Jay Gould's Questioning the Millennium. So one look back and one look forward. The look back was fascinating. Although I know more about the history of the British isles than any place outside the US it remains impenetrable to me.
I enjoyed it quite a bit, of course, I'm the sort of person who walks out of any historical film discussing how well they did in recreating the period. for England the answer is almost always "not enough sheep."

Library copy

Original post: Kaethe.booklikes.com/post/2002826/the-year-1000-what-life-was-like-at-the-turn-of-the-first-millennium-robert-lacey-danny-danziger

No comments: