Monday, October 11, 2021

Review: Is That My Cat?

Is That My Cat? Is That My Cat? by Jonathan Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A re-read for my 365 Kids Book challenge. You can see all the books on their own shelf.

22 January 2015

What was once a sleek little cat is now a big, slow, cautious cat. I felt a little worried that the book was just bashing a kitty for getting older and enormous, because one of ours did that, the tuxedo, Calder Eno, and I wouldn't really enjoy fat cat-bashing. But no, that's not what it was on about at all. And I loved the art, because the tux looks so fluffy and cuddly.

That is perfectly valid art criticism, or I suppose, appreciation.

11 October 2021

My cats Queen Luna Grey Delisle and Scarlett Angelina Eno are not looking fat, although they are well into their mature years. They're vexed with me over my choice in cat food. Even the feral stray Luchadora who has learned to come to me for food and water snubbed it. Later I will go shopping.

Scarlett's brother Calder died in January of this year. We all miss him very much. It's lovely to come across a review that mentions the enormity of him. Although it also makes me a bit sad. The gals are less inclined to sleep on top of me, and no weighted blanket is more soothing than a 22 pound cat.

Library copy.

View all my reviews

No comments: