Saturday, May 28, 2022

Review: By the Book

By the Book By the Book by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are many books about books, roo many about writers, quite a few about bookstores and libraries and book clubs, but book publishing: not so much. There's got to be some, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
This is a good one, showing the drawbacks, to a job in publishing, particularly for the damn few POC. But also, the joys of seeing a good manuscript turn into a better book.
Plus there's the Beauty and the Beast easter eggs, so many easter eggs. As a fan of the Disney animated film I wouldn't say barely just enough of those, but every single magical one made me smile, despite my antipathy for the entertainment behemoth itself.

Library copy, natch



View all my reviews

No comments: