Saturday, May 27, 2023

Review: Quietly Hostile

Quietly Hostile Quietly Hostile by Samantha Irby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Basically I had to let Irby jump the queue because, of the ludicrously high number of books I have borrowed from my three libraries, this one has the most people waiting for it.

Irby's writing is both funny and moving. It's also comforting, because she has seen plenty of literal, as well as metaphorical, shit. Irby is candid and unfiltered on topics which would mortify me to acknowledge to just myself. Her advice is brilliantly useful: she knows how to get through an array of bathroom conundrums that Martha Stewart would never address. Irby is up there with Jenny Lawson and Allie Brosh for people who can make me laugh despite dire circumstances.

Library copy

View all my reviews

No comments: