Thursday, February 08, 2024

Review: The Ask and the Answer

The Ask and the Answer The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness January 3, 2017
July 17, 2014
As I was nearing the end I had to run out to the library for the next book, to have it on hand when I finished. Ness does an amazing job of showing how people are brought to make certain choices, and how they can be manipulated into certain choices. So yes, it's covering a lot of the same moral ground as The Hunger Games and it has that same adventure feel, and also the extremes of society between the haves and the have nots. There is also an overt division between men and women, tensions with the indigenous population and so much more.
 
Personal copy

View all my reviews

No comments: