Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Review: Dark Remedy: The Impact Of Thalidomide And Its Revival As A Vital Medicine

Dark Remedy: The Impact Of Thalidomide And Its Revival As A Vital Medicine Dark Remedy: The Impact Of Thalidomide And Its Revival As A Vital Medicine by Trent D. Stephens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

April 18, 2022. 97 of 228 pages
Update here because I am too damn wordy for the actual update box.

I love a compelling story of a medical and legal conundrum, like The Day of St. Anthony's Fire. I wonder if any country has a good response team established to deal with catastrophes like this that aren't about property. As far as I know there isn't anything in place in the US's insane monster of a "medical system." There would be investigations, but nothing to cover the immediate medical and social services assistance, as far as I know. And Oxycontin has shown us that even when a source of funding is finally found in lawsuits, there is little likelihood of timely care to those harmed, or even to non-specific treatment such as substance abuse clinics. Did any tobacco-settlement money go to providing treatment for chronic breathing disorders or lung cancer? It isn't as if we didn't know that more disasters like this will occur, and that victims won't necessarily be in close proximity. If anyone can recommend a good source for what kind of treatment, if any, has been provided to the Flint lead-poisoning victims, I would be grateful.

View all my reviews

No comments: