Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Review: Fuzzy Nation

Fuzzy Nation Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

2011, June 14

Used to be Asimov wrote mysteries. He enjoyed crafting little puzzles set on other worlds that could only be solved by considering conditions on those planets. The first Robot books were all mysteries. Scalzi brings that kind of plotting to his re-imagining of Little Fuzzy. The result is entertaining as hell. Corporate machinations, legal maneuvering, the suppositions and discoveries of scientists, and the fuzzys who are unspeakably cute and clever cats. He's thrown in humor and pathos and the result is so very satisfying.

Now I'm reading the Piper original, because I must have more. I recommend it to anyone who thinks they don't like science fiction.

Library copy

View all my reviews

No comments: