Saturday, April 15, 2023

Review: A Kiss for Midwinter

A Kiss for Midwinter A Kiss for Midwinter by Courtney Milan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

15 April 2023

Along with thermal dysregulation, I have emotional dysregulation. The ear worm, the most recent news story, the weather, a bit of undercooked potato: anything, really can give me a mood so I have a host of counterproductive. "Solsbury Hill" is one of the most happy tunes I've ever heard, cute animal photos are a popular, thus ubiquitous, anti-anxiety resource, and I reread books that are guaranteed positive mood inducers. Milan's work is reliably comforting and this series is particularly good for reminding me that this, too, shall pass.

At the moment I am struggling with the shortage of ADHD meds. The effort to hunt down a pharmacy which might have a supply is rather a lot for someone tending toward inattention. And the anxiety of not knowing when a supply of a drug I need to perform activities of daily life might be available, let alone whether it will continue to be available, is overwhelming.

Stupid bodies, always needing things. It's terribly annoying.

Personal copy




View all my reviews

No comments: