Friday, November 10, 2023

Review: Chicken Little

Chicken Little Chicken Little by Cory Doctorow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, my , YES. Doctorow extrapolates from present trends to give the reader a future where tremendous wealth and limitless power reside in the hands of a select group of individuals, who are, essentially, eternal. Our hero, Leon, works for a company who's only goal is to come up with something to sell to one of those wealthy people in a vat.

It's a plausible future, not quite dystopian, richly detailed. Doctorow tells his story with warmth, and humor that reminds me of Vonnegut. Without going into laborious detail, we get a good look at how things work, politically, as well as how it feels, the food, the housing, the jetpacks. (Yay, jetpacks!) I may like this even more than For The Win, and I loved that. I'm only sorry I didn't get around to it sooner.



Review copy from 40K

View all my reviews

No comments: