Friday, December 17, 2021

Review: Lunch Walks Among Us

Lunch Walks Among Us Lunch Walks Among Us by Jim Benton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

2005 December 30
2009 January 12

The PandaBat got the boxed set of Franny K. Stein books for Christmas. She's not quite able to read them on her own, but she's certainly enjoying having them read aloud.

As am I.

How much do we love Franny K. Stein? Mad science, a "lab" assistant, bats in her attic room in the otherwise pristine and pastel house? Oh, very much indeed.

Although I hadn't realized it before, we love stories about a kid who doesn't feel right in the family, but that the family that loves and indulges anyway.

***
2013 April 13

It's been a while since I've red any Franny, but she holds up quite well. Just the thing to read aloud to a kid who's feeling cranky and illish.

View all my reviews

No comments: