Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Review: The Twisted Ones

The Twisted Ones The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Too creepy to read much of at a time, since I live here, and that was my father's mother, and I have had enough of cleaning the detritus of other, cluttered lives, and I don't believe, but Kingfisher has just captured real life too well for me to be comfortable. She has also managed to delineate my personal nightmares with the kind of precision the General Assembly brings to electoral maps.

I should maybe adopt a dog, though.

At one point we were listening to the same pledge week. Genuinely frightened me so much that I couldn't read as much as an entire chapter at a time, and couldn't read if I expected to be alone in the house within four hours.

After finishing it my biggest fear was that it wouldn't disturb other, non-local readers, but it made it onto the running for the GoodReads awards, so either everyone within 200 miles has read it, or my fears aren't as rare as I would have guessed.

Library copy

View all my reviews

No comments: