Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Stuff That Makes Me Cackle

(Another entertaining food-company name, which I similarly encountered walking to work many years ago, is the Puritan Ice Cream Company. That may not turn a native New Englander's head, but it sure sounded odd to this Midwesterner. I started a contest with some of my friends come up with the best Puritan ice cream flavors--I forget all of them, but some of the better entries were Straight & Narrow Rocky Road, Chocolate Mather, Sorbet in the Hands of an Angry God, and of course Preachers & Cream.)


Also, I just read Miss Conduct's bio, and realized she's married to Marc Abrahams, founder of the Ig Nobel Prizes. I bet they're a fun couple.

On a related note, I managed to make the Spouse snort his german chocolate pie tonight. I was simply pointing out that the light glancing off the WolfOwl's blue Jello made it gleam the same color as her headband. It's a good day when I make someone else snort at dinner. And a full blown spit take is bliss.

No comments: