Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Think I've Got It

In the week before Mother's Day, the Possum asks what I'd like. "Well," says I, "I'd like The Golden Compass, and I'd like to sit down and watch it, together." And just to be sure, I told the Spouse.

Happily, for Mother's Day, I got The Golden Compass, and movie candy (my favorites: Junior Mints, Circus Peanuts, and Whoppers), and the leisure time to sit and watch a movie I wanted to see with my family on the enormous sofa under the faux-mink throw of decadence. If life gets better than snuggling with the Offspring while watching armored polar bears fight, then I don't think I'm ready for it.

Also, it turned out to be a good choice, because I was too ill over the weekend to do much else anyways.

2 comments:

josetteplank.com said...

Sounds heavenly!

I need to set a date with my middle child for some one-on-one couch sitting, candy-eating, and movie-watching. Between her older sister's sports schedule and the demands of her toddler brother, she's getting short-changed. A movie fest is just the ticket.

Kaethe said...

It was great.

It's hard to give everyone one-on-one time. Sadly, no one is willing to accept an apt bok recommendation as an adequate substitute. Oh, well, I keep trying.