Thursday, July 05, 2012

Teaching Us to Read Again

Check out this graphic resource on eReaders Teaching to Read Again
Created by: www.OnlineTeachingDegree.com I received a very nice email from Online Teaching Degree.com directing me to this graphic, with an invitation to share. We are currently a three-Kindle house, and I don't imagine we're ever going to leave eReaders. While I don't think they are the be-all and end-all, they are certainly a very useful tool. We still check out a LOT of books from the library, but I'm sure we'll gradually shift to more etexts as the Overdrive program picks up. As for the kids: while they're thrilled they can store MP3s on their Kindles, the biggest change in reading I've noticed is that they are much quicker to read classics. They're all free, and instantly available, and they don't look outdated (I'm just guessing at reasons, here). Sure, I'm a book-intensive parent, but I wouldn't have expected a ten-year-old to try Shakespeare.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice :)

Unknown said...

u are right!!! I love reading books (but in polish)!!! This is great!!! I don't know why my friends hate it!!!
Follow me http://nikapisze.blogspot.com