Saturday, February 18, 2023

Review: The Collected Plays of Paul Rudnick

The Collected Plays of Paul Rudnick The Collected Plays of Paul Rudnick by Paul Rudnick
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Once upon a time I read a lot of plays. Long after I stopped doing any acting or tech, even after I'd stopped attending plays unless family or friends were involved, reading them never stopped. So just recently it occurred to me that all the Rudnick plays that weren't available from my public libraries were available at work. So after decades of hanging about in a want-to-read, but can't afford to buy, limbo, finally they are mine.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, my theory is that Paul Rudnick's body of work is responsible for marriage equality. He's funny, and unconditionally accepting in a way everyone should be, but pretty much never is. And if he isn't, please don't tell me: I want to believe.



View all my reviews

No comments: