Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Review: Claiming the Duchess

Claiming the Duchess Claiming the Duchess by Sherry Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

26 May 2021

Maddeningly I know I only recently wrote the blurb below, but I don't know when because I didn't date in and somehow never before noticed that there isn't an obvious published or last updated or some such date that I can find.

Anyway, since I am finally getting around to all the books in the series
A re-read seemed appropriate as a refresher. And also, I wanted to take the taste of another, very different but displeasing book out of my mouth, as it were.

This fit the bill rather well. Having seen the same characters rather later in their lives, it was fun going back to a very sweet beginning.

I don't think I've ever mentioned how charming it is that Thomas thanks her readers in her acknowledgments. Obviously, the pleasure is all mine. But it's a lovely thing to do, nonetheless. A counter example to those authors who behave badly.


***

I started to feel bad that I couldn't remember this better after only a couple of months. Then I realized I was off by a year. So, not as obviously losing my mind. One unexpected way in which reading is good for memory.

Library copy

View all my reviews

No comments: