Thursday, February 08, 2024

Review: The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

October 29, 2010

The only problem I had with this book was Todd's way of talking. (I don't think first-person books should be written in dialect, because our way of talking always sounds both natural and neutral to us. It only sounds like dialect to other people.) Other than that, I loved it. The very best thing that Ness did, was deal with how the lies and ignorance lead Todd to doubt everything. Beautifully done. I'd recommend it to fans of The Hunger GamesAnd yes, I'm eager to get the sequels and find out what happens next.As an aside, according to the respective authors, both this and Feed come out of the same idea, the constant stream of info into modern lives. Very different books.Library copyThe Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness  

View all my reviews

No comments: