Sunday, June 30, 2024

Review: The Princess and the Pea

The Princess and the Pea The Princess and the Pea by Lauren Child
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4 September 2006

he miniatures are AMAZING. Even if you don't care for picture books you should take a few minutes to look at this one. Seriously.

***

30 June 2024

That up there is still absolutely true and utterly accurate. Details i noticed this time and feel compelled to mention: the paper dolls in the model sets are a very different vibe from Goldilocks. Also. I rather like the way Child addresses the traditional princess whiney aspect of the tale, and I kind of love that the prince and princess are so over the top and just the weenies bit exasperating. I expect they'll be quite happy together. The king and queen, on the other hand, are pur pragmatism.

Library copy, again

View all my reviews

No comments: