Saturday, October 19, 2019

Haunted House Mini-Edition - Jan Pieńkowski

Review:

Haunted House Mini-Edition - Jan Pieńkowski

Just as I have Christmas books that I break out and read every year in November and December, I have this one book that I read every year as part of my All Hallow's Read/Halloween Bingo/spoopy-months celebration (spooky-adjacent sorts of things that aren't scary but are amusing).

 

This is something I picked up lo! these many years ago, because of course part of the Halloween observance is giving seasonally-appropriate books. They lost interest in it ages ago, but the mix of expected (skeleton in the closet) and unexpected (octopus washing dishes) still it delights me every year. And amazingly, hardly any of the moving bits came off or tore. Some of my September and October reads are re-reads, but the only other piece I return to very often is Click-Clack the Rattlebag, the audio version read by Neil Himself.

 

Personal copy

Original post: Defenestraethe.booklikes.com/post/1973227/haunted-house-mini-edition-jan-pienkowski

1 comment:

Vilhelm man said...

Have a Nice Weekend!