Sunday, October 27, 2019

Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death - Caitlin Doughty

Review:

Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death - Caitlin Doughty

For my second Transformation I'm turning Baker Street Irregulars into Black Cat.The books that could have fit Baker Street all ended up as something else. And this has such a perfect cat on the cover.

 

It's all perfect, really. The art features a girl and a skeleton, minimalist, just a tad creepy, but also adorable. Which is pretty much the same as the text. It's fascinating what questions kids ask, and Doughty is clear and accurate in a casual, slightly snarky tone. The answers are age-appropriate for even quite young children because there's nothing scary: it's all the debunking of scary, really.

 

Really entertaining and clever. Now I'm eager to read her other books.

 

And this gives me my second and third bingo on my way to blackout. (top left to bottom right diagonal and last column)

Original post: Defenestraethe.booklikes.com/post/1978734/will-my-cat-eat-my-eyeballs-big-questions-from-tiny-mortals-about-death-caitlin-doughty

No comments: