Saturday, October 19, 2019

Lies Sleeping - Ben Aaronovitch

Review:

Lies Sleeping - Ben Aaronovitch

Disclaimer: there's not a lot of vampires in this, but a key element nonetheless. For some reason I'm really bent on sticking to my squares as they are, without transformations. Probably that will change.

 

So we get to see Peter Grant dealing with a very modern problem and I quite liked that. More Folly, more ghosts, more gods, more big bad, but really, don't much care. That last, I mean. I enjoyed it enormously for all the reasons I mentioned re Hanging Tree and I'm almost certain to keep reading as long as Aaronovitch keeps writing them. His cast is growing so huge that he could write easily feature other characters as leads, the way he does in the stories, and that would be fun, too.

 

Library copy

Original post: Defenestraethe.booklikes.com/post/1973235/lies-sleeping-ben-aaronovitch

No comments: