Sunday, October 27, 2019

Lyra's Oxford - Philip Pullman, John Lawrence

Review:

Lyra's Oxford - Philip Pullman, John Lawrence

More books should be published in small editions with illustrations.

 

Lyra is a bit much in The Golden Compass; Will was my favorite character in that series. But over the years she's really grown on me.

 

This is just a short visit to check up on her well after the events of His Dark Materials are past. Her life is different and she is changed. But it's lovely to see her back in Oxford, in her natural element, up to at least some of her old tricks.

 

Plus, who doesn't like to imagine what their daemon would be?

 

And in joyful news, this little book gave me a bingo! And now it'll likely be at least one bingo with every book I finish.

 

I made a mistake: there should be a Bustopher on Full Moon. That's the one I transformed to New Release for Emergency Skin.

Original post: Defenestraethe.booklikes.com/post/1978705/lyra-s-oxford-philip-pullman-john-lawrence

No comments: