Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Review: The Road to Roswell

The Road to Roswell The Road to Roswell by Connie Willis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Trying to find out if an author tour is planned, so I could pick up a hardcover from a local bookstore hosting an event where I could say "I love your work" and get a copy signed. Did not find. Checked the publisher website and saw "Category: Romance."

WTH? To be clear, I read a lot of romance, so I am not ragging on the idea. I just can't reconcile having only one Category tag for an author with crossover appeal. But also: did anyone in marketing look at that cover? That cover says "for fans of Welcome to Night Vale (Welcome to Night Vale, #1) by Joseph Fink and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams , and Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi " That cover says humorous scifi, not Romance.

Am I wrong?

View all my reviews

No comments: