Saturday, January 29, 2022

Review: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

read again 10/24/2011

Because the combination of snarky poetry about cats and the illustrations of Gorey is magnificent.

***

2020 July 12

I know I have read this more times than I have dates for, so this mayn't be surprising, but I wanted there to be more variety. I want some young cats, and some very affectionate ones, and more lady cats. Actually, what I want is a collection of light verse by lots of different people: Lin Manuel Miranda and Kate Bush and Childish Gambino and Adele (I can think of a number of lyricists, but I am not up at all on actual poets as such). Wouldn't that be delightful?

View all my reviews

No comments: