Saturday, January 29, 2022

Review: Simon's Cat

Simon's Cat Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

2009

Betsy Bird's review goes into rich detail. I'm content to say I loved it.

***

2022 January 29

It's odd that I am so fond of this book, and yet have never acquired another. Really need to remedy that.

We're at our record high for the pandemic, or just coming down off it. My cousin is one of 18 positive cases at her assisted living facility (despite be vaccinated and boosted), people from my department are sick, with their kids, the grocery store shelves have random weird blank spots every time I visit, and my few items cost way more than seems right: frozen pizza costs more than carryout. It's winter and January has been cold for us, whereas December was hot. We've had snowstorms three weekends in a row, but not enough to be really satisfying (because apparently I am not in a mood to be satisfied). So, yeah, I am really enjoying the break from my everything-is-horrible perception of reality for a bit. Cat cartoons are one of the eternal verities: no doubt one would find them in cave paintings.

Anyway, it's good to own books that make me smile. Kondo is right: keep the things that spark joy.

Personal copy

View all my reviews

No comments: