Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Evil Garden - Edward Gorey

Review:

The Evil Garden - Edward Gorey

This is my jam: Rhymed couplets about visitors to an Evil Garden being picked off, one at a time, with circumspect yet detailed illustrations. This is exactly the kind of thing I love as a Christmas present. I also received an Edward Gorey calendar to hang up at work. I really hope light verse makes a comeback one day.

In the spring I have been invited to come up and visit the Offspring at college and take her off to visit The Edward Gorey House museum. Other book-related tourist inducements: the Eric Carle museum, The Yiddish Book Center, Antonio's Pizza (from The Penderwicks!), the inflatable polar bear from Iver & Ellsworth, and numerous used book stores.

Yes, it would be a very simple thing to lead me into a trap.

Personal copy

Original post: Kaethe.booklikes.com/post/2022117/the-evil-garden-edward-gorey

No comments: