Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Review: It's All Your Fault

It's All Your Fault It's All Your Fault by Paul Rudnick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

13 May 2016

Caitlin is a very good girl, home-schooled, in a family singing group, well-behaved. Her cousin, Heller, is not a good girl; she's famous and out of control. The two teens used to be best friends, but thas been a while. Now they're an odd couple, and they are funny together.

I've been a fan of Rudnick since 1989, and there were a lot of novelless-years when I missed him like crazy despite Libby Gelman-Waxner's fabulous film reviews and some filmscripts (playscripts are hard to get ahold of). I'll Take It is among my top ten novels of all time; it is both deeply kind to human foibles and funny as hell. I'm delighted he's writing novels again, although I'd probably read his grocery list if he published it.

Library copy

View all my reviews

No comments: