Friday, January 08, 2010

Books by Numb3rs

Did I mention that keeping track of my reading in various places this year made answering any questions about books challenging? Well, let me modify that. It's a pain in my little geek brain, is what it is. Numbers are approximate and mighty hard to come by because of having to copy and paste and reformat and rearrange and, oh, the agony!

But just to give you an idea of the lengths to which my book-tracking obsession goes, here are a few starter numbers.

Books read in 2009: 358
Books I never even cracked open, because something else in the stack looked more appealing: Lots
Books I started, abandoned, and then picked up again months later at which time it seemed weirdly familiar and also really good so I finally finished it: 1
Years it would take me to finish all the books on my To-Read List even if I never added any more: 12.4*

* And that's being really optimistic, because as the PandaBatWolf ages out of picture books and early chapter books, my list has slowed on adding those, shifting to many more middle grade and YA titles, which are much longer than a mere 32 pages. Much.

No comments: