Friday, January 15, 2010

It's Party Time

Tonight I will be hosting a gathering for five of the KitKatPandaBatWolf's closest friends. My husband and my oldest daughter have made plans away from the house. Six eight year-olds playing games, eating pizza and cookie cake, watching a movie and staying up late.

My friend of longest standing, Miss Melissa, was one of the attendees of my own birthday sleepover extravaganza lo, these many years ago.

I hope this goes as well, and I hope that at least one of these girls will be such a meaningful part of my daughter's life for so long.

That came out way mushier than I meant, but it is a wonderful thing to have a good friend who remembers the silliness of childhood, in our case, a love of Nancy Drew and Gone With the Wind, and The Year of the Cat, and "Tonight's the Night" and making stop-motion movies, and writing parodies of commercials. In a very real way that stuff never gets old and I hope we're still laughing together at a hundred. The cackling will be deafening if we aren't already deaf.

Are you still in touch with any friends from your childhood? What makes you laugh?

No comments: