Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Reading progress update: I've read 99 out of 276 pages.

Baby of the Family - Tina McElroy Ansa

Since it's been thirty years since my last read, I am not going to give myself a hard time for not remembering much except that it was a girl growing up in a Georgia town who can see ghosts.Mostly it's just slice of life well-observed and well-evoked.

 

But the first time Lena sees a ghost? That was really creepy.

 

I prefer the other (very minor) powers her family credits Lena with. At those times the magical realism is mostly metaphorical.

 

However, knowing there could be more ghosts does add a certain frisson.

 

I am well pleased with this choice.

Original post: Kaethe.booklikes.com/post/1946381/reading-progress-update-i-ve-read-99-out-of-276-pages

No comments: