Friday, September 13, 2019

Tracking Post

 

My progress is feeble. Silly jobs interfering with my reading time. It's really most unfortunate that the major database upgrade got delayed into this month.

 

Oh, well. At least I'm really enjoying my reading so far. Probably it's a good thing that I can't just race through The Lady in the Lake. This may be my favorite of Lippman's many fine stand-alones. The way she keeps following social interactions to give us yet another character and another tiny sliver of the big picture adds to both the suspense and the feeling of engagement. Also I'm really loving the world of daily newspapers in 1966, which is a lifetime ago for some of us. It's too realistic to feel Dickensian, but it has that kind of characters-from-all-classes aspect that one just doesn't see so much these days.

Original post: Defenestraethe.booklikes.com/post/1951493/tracking-post

No comments: