Monday, May 31, 2021

Review: The Thief

The Thief The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

January 1, 2012

I enjoyed the medieval Greece-like setting, the stories of the gods, the elaborate heist, as well as the real politic of the international situation. A really good adventure story with characters that gradually are revealed to us. My only complaint was that it was pretty much devoid of female characters until the very end. I have high hopes for the rest of the series.

I forgot to mention that I haven't read better descriptions of someone learning to ride since The Horse and His Boy.

Library copy.

June 4, 2015

I will only add that in fact the rest of the series does include multiple female characters. And I loved this at least as much on the second reading as the first.

View all my reviews

No comments: