Saturday, May 15, 2021

Review: Traction Man Is Here!

Traction Man Is Here! Traction Man Is Here! by Mini Grey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

15 May 2021

Part of my 365 Kids Books challenge. For a fuller explanation see my review for 101 Amazing Facts about Australia You can see all the books on their own shelf.

I am currently 62 books behind if I had started January 1st, which I didn't. I'm only 96 behind for my regular reading challenge, which is doubled for the year. Will I make it? Will I get close? The suspense is killing me.

Out of curiosity I checked my reading stats. Of books I've entered in GoodReads, 429 is the most for a single year. In the years before GoodReading I used several different methods and databases, so I don't expect I'll ever get all of them in.

Because every time you read a book it is different: Since the previous time I read this I read Dazzle Ships: World War I and the Art of Confusion. So, for the first time I get the "dazzle-painted battle pants" joke.


***

2011 August 04

Still brilliant, still amusing. the Offspring are still amused by the knitted romper from Granny.

***

2009 March 19

I've been wanting to reread this ever since the sequel was released. It's a wonderful story about a child's imagination, and the pictures are a hoot. I love Scrubbing Brush, particularly.

On a sidenote, I'm always amused when I discover that I tend to read the same authors at the same time of year. Sure, it makes sense reading A Christmas Carol in December, but why would Grey recur in March?


View all my reviews

No comments: